Skincare has never been anything that I have given much thought to until recently. As a teen, I had acne prone skin and struggled with breakouts on a regular basis. In addition, I had smaller bumps that would be on my face and shoulders. I tried a ton of acne fighting products, but could never stick with them because they weren’t really effective. It just became something I got used to. After trying products, I decided to go to the dermatologist and they gave me a cream, but this wasn’t very effective either. Due to all the breakouts, I became an expert on how to use stick concealer to camouflage my problem areas. However, I was still very aware of what was on my face and was left wondering if people thought I wasn’t attractive.
The wonderful part of this story is that I met my husband and he loved every part of me, which made my skin easier to deal with. Then I became pregnant with my son and I noticed that my skin instantly cleared up! I couldn’t believe it! The one thing that I had been struggling with for so long was no longer a problem. And with each pregnancy I had, my skin continued to stay clear.
Since having my last kiddo, I have begun to think about how I am going to keep taking care of my skin. I am getting ready to turn 31 and I know that I need to be more proactive about my skincare. On one of my previous trips to Ulta (just before I started this blog) I bought a CeraVe cleanser and moisturizer. My husband and I broke out horribly on this product. This was extremely disappointing because this product has such great reviews and I had watched several YouTube videos with creators using the product and they even had sensitive skin. Even though I was discouraged, I returned the products to Ulta and began my research process again.
Below I will list the new items that I purchased and a first impression on these items. Please keep in mind that these are first impressions. I will write a blog to update on how these products have worked out over the long haul.
- Cetaphil Daily Face Cleanser – This has been a nice cleanser. I feel like my face is clean after use and does not feel dried out. I feel refreshed after the cleanser.
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion – With this lotion, a little bit goes a long way. With my first use, I put too much on and my skin felt sticky and greasy most of the day. Putting on just a little bit allows my skin to absorb the moisturizer and feel soft.
- Loreal Hydra Fresh Toner – I love this toner becasue the main ingredient is not alcohol. Now obviously I need to test this longer to see results, but it is very refreshing and does not leave my skin dried out.
- Cetaphil Extra Gentle Daily Scrub – This is a new item to Cetaphil and when they say an extra gentle scrub, it is extra gentle. The one review I read on Ulta stated there was no scrub and it was greasy. Not sure I agree with this review. I did not have any greasy feeling and scrub will not feel like an abrasive scrub that you can only use a couple of days a week. I currently use this after the face cleanser in the morning during my shower.
- Botanics All Bright Refreshing Eye Roll-On – I bought this product to see how it worked on a budget. Most eye cremes are extremely expensive. Obviously I have purchased a lot of skincare at once and I wanted to see if this would work because it was so inexpensive. So far I love the roller ball applicator. It feels great on my skin and the product absorbs quickly. I will update in a later blog with results from using the product on a regular basis.
Skincare can be so expensive, so I purchased these products with a budget in mind. I wanted to see if I could take care of the majority of my skincare needs under $60. I did purchase all these products for under $60, but I used at Ulta coupon to do so. Also, none of the products were currently on special. If these products work, then I think this was an incredible steal. And for right now I am enjoying these products and they have not left a breakout mess that the CeraVe products left. I hope this helps someone who is beginning their skincare process or gives someone an idea of a new product to try out. Please leave a comment below of your favorite skincare product.
Until next time….