Disneyworld is an amazing family vacation! There are so many different areas to explore, places to stay, and restaurants to eat at. Each trip is guaranteed to be a magical trip. While there are so many options and choices you can make, there are several different items I would suggest you take advantage of in order to get the most out of your trip. Planning this trip can be overwhelming and I wish I would have done more research going into my first trip. I will go into detail with each tip and please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.
- Utilize the complete Disney packages through the website or through a travel agent: Disneyworld is a big vacation all on it’s own. There are so many activities and place to see once you are there, that you really won’t have a chance to visit other places in Florida, unless you are doing a long and extensive vacation. When you are booking through the Disney website, they help you plan all parts of your vacation and this makes it so much easier. There are different hotels based on price range, food packages based on what types of meals you plan on having, and plenty of airfare options. If you choose to go through a travel agent, they can help you with these same areas, but will also find good deals for different upgrades. This is nice because it makes budgeting and planning for your vacation easier. In addition, Disney will send you reminders for when you are able to make reservations for different restaurants and when you can start the process for Fast Passes.
- Let Pin Trading become your new favorite hobby: On my first trip to Disneyworld, my husband and I learned about pin trading. We bought pins through the park and worked with the Disney staff to find unique pins that we could trade for. It was a blast while we were moving from ride to ride or just wanted to do something fun during the day. This was also something that we could do at Disneyland as well. What we learned through this though was that it was cheaper for us to buy the pins through Ebay or Amazon before we went.
- Share your meal so that you can use your dining plan for character dining: My husband and I figured out that we enjoyed sharing most of our meals and snacks so that we could try more food throughout the day. Due to this, we had leftover meals that we were able to use for a character dining meal and the extra meals covered the extra cost! We never felt like we were starving and it gave us the ability to try a wide variety of foods!
- Use your refillable mug for water in the parks: When you sign up for a dining package, you get a refillable cup to use throughout your stay. Now the free refills were only able to be used at the hotels, but we would take them into the park for water. This made it super simple to stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Plan your reservations and fast passes in advance. Like I stated earlier, Disney will send you e-mail reminders about when you are able to do these things, but make sure not to ignore it! Restaurant reservations fill up quickly and you want to make sure you have the ability to go to the restaurants you want to go to. Planning your fast passes will also make the start of your days that much easier. It will be one less thing you have to think about.
- Download the Disneyworld App before you leave for your vacation: This app will give you all the information you need to know about ride wait times, photopasses, restaurant reservations and so much more. We used this app every day and made it easier to know what we wanted to next or look up information if we forgot something. Also, make sure to play with the app before you leave so that you are familiar with it.
- Make your trip a good amount of time: Disneyworld can not be done in three days or less, even four is cutting it really close. Disneyworld offers four parks, two water parks, Downtown Disney, and entertainment at each hotel. Our first trip was a total of ten days, but we only had tickets for eight of those ten days. We left this trip unable to see everything that Disneyworld had to offer, but we didn’t feel rushed through our vacation or feel like we had to cut things out that we wanted to see. Trying to do this trip in less than three days would make you feel rushed and make it less enjoyable.
- Bring comfortable clothes and walking shoes: Disneyworld is gigantic and your days will be long! Trying to wear flip flops or flats through the whole trip will leave your feet in pain. You don’t want to spend your trip fussing about what you are wearing or worrying about how uncomfortable you are. You want to do everything possible to make your trip carefree and as magical as possible 🙂
- And my last tip for this post, don’t be afraid to take nap breaks: Like I had stated in my previous tip, your days are going to be long. The parks open early and close late, with the exception of Animal Kingdom. Getting rest will only make your trip more enjoyable and keep you from being completely exhausted.
Now I could have written other tips as well, but I felt like these were the most important areas of advice I had to give. Each trip for each family will be different and special in its own way. There’s no reason to over plan and your trip will still be amazing even if you don’t use each tip! Also keep in mind that these tips won’t be the same if you are a Disneyworld Season Passholder. Do you have any tips for future Disneyworld travelers? I would love to read about your favorite tips or tricks for an amazing trip!
Until next time…